Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Back-front-back


So yeah, two months is a long hiatus. I'm torn between boredom and re-reading the Simoqin Prophecies. For those who are unaware of the latter, take a large, violent cat and have her tear your ignorant brains out. I don't understand how Chetan Bhagat can become a literary sensation and leave Samit Basu a mere, like-who??


I love the Game World trilogy for its cool mad edginess and its innumerable references to everything from Indian mythology to James Bond. In fact I love this book so much, I've stolen it from Suchi. Jai ho may make us feel all kitschy-Indian,but for me nothing matched the thrill of reading an Indian author who's writing is in the league of the best fantasy fiction out there.


On the whole, i'm an Indian-hence-I-will-wake-up-at-the-crack-of-dawn-to-gape-at-red-carpet-glamor-as-i-nurse-my-morning-chai, I missed the bandwagon entirely. Woke up at 12 which is brunch and Courage the Cowardly dog time. Rahman = Respect. Cant say the same about Slumdog.


I found post-it Matrix notes :) at this amazing new stationery store called Mango. People looked flabbergasted as I mewled and moaned in happiness. Next birthday, swamp me over with pretty post-it notes,okay?? It takes my compulsive list making to a whole new level.

5 comments:

William Deng-Deng K. said...

1. Finally! its good to see ur name topping the more-blah list. awesome!
2. i'm a simoqin virgin. :( an ignorant ass, i am? cat?
3. MATRIX POST-ITs??? GIGAWOW!!!!! what, do they have Neos and Morpheuss all over? Matrix codes? i wouldnt mind even if every cm^2 is that oh!-fuck!-this-is-so-awesome! green and black with no space for a to-do.

Such! said...

u posted!
yay!
gimme my simoquin back!
ok fine that was just petty.
and a whole 24 hrs of not being together. weird!

Unknown said...

1. I'm so back. yay!
2. We'll do the requisite deflowering when I get there :) okay,you are excluded from ignoramus assus species. Cats are unusually violent creatures, BTW.
3. Gigawow. Heck, yeah!!

Aggie M said...

I know!! A Suchi a day keeps boredom at bay. I wont give it back. Umm.. not yet.
did you put the green goo paint on???

Aditya said...

one more to the ignorant list.