Saturday, November 10, 2007

Apple Pie

They make it scary when they call it things like travel journals. It should be changed to something singularly non-threatening. Apple pie maybe. Appealing with hopelessly low expectations.

Here's my apple pie based on hastily typed out "notes" taken on my cell phone:

1)All shops selling alcohol were tiny, poky and had the same green sign that said Wine Shop. And had men in veshtis hobnobbing around it. If the common factor were only the shady looking men it wouldn't have been as striking as that weird signboard.

2)Saw a xerox shop named Ditto Reproduction. Hee hee.

3)Spend a long day trudging up and down Spencer's Plaza with Vatti. Consumed 4 cookies from Cookie Man. Its that magical cookies-fresh-from-the-oven smell that does it. The double chocolate chip lingers particularly sweet in my dough laced memories.

4)Met God too. if Kaushik Ramu doesn't watch out they'll make him a brand.

5)Dee Dee,Seetha,Sanjay, Sairam, Anushree and me walked for 45 mins from the IIT gates to Tidal park. KFC sort of made up for any anti-Seetha vibes we were experiencing.
5)The auto drivers there are barmy .Case in point being the guy who took us from station to Virugambakam stopping at 4 places to full air in the tyres and then racing a fellow barmy auto driver

I miss Chennai. And Dee Dee, Navanith, Cookie Man.

Apple Pie terminated

2 comments:

Sharanya said...

I LOVEE Cookie Man. I got 2 cookies FREE at Chennai Airport *evil-Aggie laugh*

The auto drivers seriously are crazy. NO METER!!! What, are they crazy?

Oh yeah...


ps-loved the name. also coz I love apple pie. How DO you come up with these things?

Christopheroeye said...

I LOVEE Cookie Man. I got 2 cookies FREE at Chennai Airport *evil-Aggie laugh* The auto drivers seriously are crazy. NO METER!!! What, are they crazy? Oh yeah... ps-loved the name. also coz I love apple pie. How DO you come up with these things?